Author, Storyteller and Inspirational Speaker

I've moved my blog to my new website at www.janetstobie.com Please come find me there. I've added lots of new information.


Live Performance:

Hear Janet tell the story "The Last Shall be First" from her book Can I Hold Him?(Part One) (Part Two)

Tips For Grace-Filled Living

TIPS FOR GRACE-FILLED LIVING

Janet has a weekly column in the Millbrook Times titled Today's Faith. Once her reflections have been published in the paper, she posts them below.



August 31
This has been a travel and a books day. We started at the West Edmonton Mall. My book "Can I Hold Him" is now available there in the "Fig Tree" books store. The store manager said they carried very few children's books and was afraid that Stella would get lost on their shelves.

On the trip to Saskatoon, we stopped at the information centre in North Battleford. The kind lady working there wanted to buy both books but had only plastic money - bank card and credit card. She suggested we go to the little bookstore downtown called the Crandleberry's Cybre Cafe. We stopped by there, and to our surprise the owner bought our books to stock in her store. The rest of our trip to Saskatoon was uneventful.

August 30

this morning we worshipped at Knox Metropolitan United, a beautiful building and a wonderful congregation. During coffee outside on the lawn, we sold quite a few books. Afterwards we checked back into "New Beginnings" bookshop at Beulah Alliance Church. The store manager had read my books, and gladly took them for sale in their church. We had lunch and then went back to Tom's son's place. I phoned my son to wish him a happy birthday. Family is so special. This was our last day with Will. We visited, went out for supper and relaxed for the evening.

No comments: